Saturday, September 29, 2012

AR Project Reflection


I have laid the groundwork for the completion of my action research project.  I have met with my site mentor, and one of the lead counselors about application for our school to become part of the “No Place for Hate Anti-Defamation League.  We have formed a committee in order to begin developing our shared vision for the project, as well as, the activities we will need in order to complete my project.  We have decided that we will complete all the activities needed for my action research plan after the conclusion of football season, because of my personal time constraints during this time.  I have completed approximately 10 hours towards the completion of my AR Project. 
A big part of becoming a NPFHADL School is planning out three activities that,” celebrate diversity and promotes respect amongst all students “(www.adl.org).  We have at least two of these types of activities already in place.  One example of this is our Mix it Up Day and the other is our Culture Carnival.  Both are great ways that our school celebrates its’ diverse students.
The next step for us as a committee is to plan our “Resolution of Respect” (www.adl.org).  The toughest part about planning this pep rally type event is the constraints state and benchmark testing put on scheduling school events.  I truly believe that this project is something that our administration believes strongly in, so we will find a way to complete it.  Overall, I have had outstanding support from my administration, and I am enjoying the process  of planning such an important research project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment